Sunday 25 March 2012

So much rhubarb!

So, it would appear that a recent day of heavy rain, followed by an unseasonably warm sunny spell, has brought on the start of rhubarb season!
Not only is my plant in the garden finally producing as it ought to be, I seem to have a field of it at the allotment. I don't know how many plants there are altogether. I thought there were 3, but I'm now wondering if there are more. When I popped down there yesterday I found this:

So I filled a carrier bag and brought it home. I set about adding lots of rhubarb recipes to my Pinterest board, and decided that a rhubarb meringue pie would be a great place to start. The perfect dessert for this hot weather! Once again I used The Caked Crusader's recipe. I've only made 2 things from this blog, but both have turned out fantastically so I think I will be a regular visitor from now on!

The rhubarb looked lovely all chopped up..

 I definitely think I'll be getting my allotment rental moneys worth in rhubarb alone. This was only about 7 sticks!






The finished meringue!









My slice. Note the al fresco dining, in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment