Thursday 5 April 2012

Mother's Day

I can finally share the Mother's Day gift I made for my lovely mum:

It's a jar of hand stitched, strawberry scented fabric strawberries. They were pretty easy to make, using a template from Sew Pretty Homestyle, and some little squares of fabric from eBay which were the perfect size to make 2 strawberries from each. I still have 3 left to finish for the girls and me.

For my own mother's day present I got Sew Fabulous Fabric, which has some lovely things in it, in particular the applique. I just need more hours in the day..

On the rhubarb front, I'm currently drying some rhubarb leathers in the dehydrator. I'm not sure how they're going to turn out. The puree seems very watery, and needed all the honey I had in the house *and* some caster sugar in order to sweeten it sufficiently. And I'm still thinking it might be a bit too sour for my little princesses. Worth a try though.

No comments:

Post a Comment