Saturday 3 March 2012

Cherry Bakewells

Last night I made 24 cherry bakewells. Just a standard Friday night :)


I followed The Caked Crusader's recipe but with a couple of adjustments. Firstly, I had some morello cherry jam in the fridge from when I made the wonderful cherry bakewell cake a few weeks ago. I'm practically drooling at the memory of just how amazing that cake was. So I used that instead of strawberry jam. Also, I had some of that new(ish) fondant icing sugar just waiting to find its purpose in life, and I thought that might work well on top of cherry bakewells. I used natural coloured glace cherries, because that was what I had in the cupboard, and I halved them. For some reason the recipe gave me 24 little cakes rather than 14. No complaints! We managed to hold out until 9am this morning but then we caved and had to try one. They're delicious!

The recipe used 3 eggs, so that leaves us with 'only' about 20 to get through..

No comments:

Post a Comment