Saturday 7 April 2012

Never enough time in the day..

I feel like this Easter is going to be a bit of a non event. I'm having all these wonderful ideas *now*, but it's too late to do anything about them. I'm going to hide little foil-wrapped Easter eggs around the garden for the children to find (weather and chicken poo levels permitting), and we're having a roast dinner. At some point the lovely Lucy and Coddy are hoping to come and see us before they head back Oop Norf. It will be a nice enough day.

But I'm having thoughts of hand stitched Easter bunnies, appliqued Easter baskets filled with treats, and non edible eggs to hide around the house and garden, perhaps with clues in. And then when the eggs have all been found they'll be awarded with the Easter basket. I don't think I could get away with not laying on an Easter egg hunt (where has this tradition come from?! I was always just happy with copious amounts of chocolate and had no desire to have to hunt through bushes and under flower pots to find them first!).

I'm having similar thoughts about camping. We go in 5 days. I've just about got my act together to order the wood burning stove, carbon monoxide detection strips, fire blankets and cheap self inflating mats for the girls, who are young and light and don't need a luxury Thermarest like mine. I haven't ordered any pretty things at all. I must become more organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment