Saturday 19 May 2012

A Productive Day

I made my first ever dress!


It took 2-3 hours. I'm quite pleased with it, although I can see all the bits that went wrong, of course. I just hope that she's cute enough that people won't think to scrutinise the stitching! I made it in age 7 but I had to take it up AND in quite a bit. Admittedly she is only an average sized 5.5 year old so I probably should have stuck with the 6, but I didn't thnk it would be quite as enormous on her. Still, it's going to last her until she goes to secondary school I think!

This week I made icecream cupcakes..



They're a basic 3 egg sponge mix from my Cake Decorating magazine, topped with piped buttercream (am still learning!), icecream sauce, sprinkles and a third of a flake. Yum!

My U pins still haven't arrived but I've managed to weigh down any loose netting with rocks, and *touch wood* they seem to be contained now! They enjoy being out so much.

Millie and I went to the allotment this evening and marvelled at all the impact of all the rain we've been having lately!

Broad bean blossom.. who'd have thought it would be so pretty?! My crimson broad beans have also come up, and the Autumn ones (above) are starting to grow tiny French bean sized pods.


Little gooseberries. I'm not a big gooseberry fan to be honest, but I can't wait to try these. I think they might be red ones in the end. They're doing so well.

Redcurrant buds!

Blackcurrants




"An Umbrella Of Rhubarb"

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that dress, that is exactly teh type of dress I have bookmarked should I ever dare look at a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was good as a first project :)

      Delete