Saturday 9 June 2012


Sorry for the rubbish photo, but I had to post it because it was all I had and.. today I went to my first ever Clandestine Cake Club meeting. It was amazing! We were only a small group today (this is the third ever time my local branch has met), with 5 cakes and 8 people. But that's still an *awful* lot of cake :)  The theme was Flower Power, but I took an Eton Mess cake. The plan had been to make flower shaped meringues for the top, but I ran out of motivation so I just bought some meringue nests from Tesco in the end. I also at 2 types of chocolate cake, cheesecake, and cherry bakewell cake. 5 slices of cake in less than an hour! Not bad for an afternoon snack! I'm definitely going to go again (armed with proper camera next time) and am looking forward to trying lots more cakes in future. The best bit of the group is that at the end, the leftovers get divided up, and you can take a load home. Not just your own leftovers but a bit of as many other cakes as you desire. It was like a grown up party bag! Brilliant. My girls are going to be in cake heaven tomorrow when they get home from their Daddy's.

We've been very busy lately, with a week's holiday at Camping Ca Savio on the Venetian coast in Italy. It was our first Eurocamp holiday and I'm certain that it won't be our last. I quite fancy going somewhere near Barcelona next time, having never been to Spain before. The weather and temperature were perfect and coming home to wet and dreary England was a real shock to the system. Although all this rain has encouraged my broad bean pods to swell, and on Thursday night we ate our very first homegrown broad beans (and the first produce from our allotment, not counting the raspberries last Autumn). All of us loved them! I do have a LOT of weeding and planting out to do now, though..

No comments:

Post a Comment