Monday 27 June 2011

Home grown cherries..

Are the single nicest thing I have EVER eaten in my life, ever. Even nicer than Christmas dinner and chocolate and birthday cake and trifle and strawberries and cream and all my other favourite foods.

We don't have many, again. Last year we had around the same amount but all but 5 were eaten by birds. This year the birds did start pecking at them before they got ripe, so a few had holes in and went mouldy, but there are a fairly decent number left considering the tree's only on it's second year.


Pudding!

The remaining cherries, still ripening


Millie with her cherry. Yes, she does have one plait and one pigtail. I was using her gorgeous Rapunzelish hair to practise fishtail plaits on, and her other side was inaccessible ;)
Posing, with cherry juice on her face. And in her teeth. And down her top.

In other news, this weekend we went raspberry picking at Our lovely local fruit farm. We picked from the tunnels and they were amazing. I am definitely going to attempt to avoid supermarket fruit where possible because it's nothing like the freshly picked stuff! Anyway, I made the raspberries into a jelly, and got my standard 2.5 jars out of the batch (I seem to get this number no matter how much fruit I use!)  Jelly making is so satisfying. I'm going to try and stockpile a load to get us through til next Summer. I'll try strawberry and redcurrant next, also from Primrose Vale fruit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment