Monday 9 May 2011

Garden update

Things are coming on well. My greenhouse is full of seedlings..



The things on the floor are sweetcorn and beans, and they're threatening to take over the world. I think I may have to plant them out at the weekend and hope the temperatures stay as they are (or above!)

The fruit is growing very well, although the blueberries are all withering and dropping off the bush, so I think I need to plant a little friend for them.




Sunset apples



 Scrumptious apples


Strawberries





Not so baby plums





Alpine strawberries. These have done SO much better than I ever thought they would.










 And in other exciting garden news, we ate our first cabbage of the season yesterday, and it was so yummy that even the girls cleared their plates! The others aren't quite as 'solid' in the middle. I hope they'll fatten up soon because I need the space they're in for the epic corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment